To start this week, I updated the firmware on the duplex MMDVM hot spot board. Follow the steps below to do that.
From where I left off previously, I still needed to select the board/modem in the configuration first.
Selecting the Board
- Login to the Pi-Star dashboard and click on the configuration page.
- Under “General Configuration” find the option that says “Radio/Modem Type.” and select the MMDVM board that you’re using. In my case I selected the MMDVM_HS_DUAL_HAT for Pi (GPIO).
- After making your selection, don’t forget to click “Apply.”
Update MMDVM HS Duplex firmware
Next we’ll update the firmware.
- First open the “expert” tab and then click “SSH Access.”
- Login with the pi-star user.
- Run the following command:
- When the update is complete you should see the following:
- Next, restart the Raspberry Pi by going to the “Admin” tab and clicking “Power,” then click “Restart/reboot.”
- For the MMDVM_HS_DUAL_HAT board with the 14.7456 TXCO like I’m using, you will want to run the following command:
sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_dual_hat